Monday, December 12, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Maple Butter Tarts

I read the blog Chasing Tomatoes all the time.  She has some amazing recipes and wonderful ideas.

She posted this recipe a few weeks ago on her blog and I knew I had to make it.
I brought the recipe home, had it sitting on the kitchen counter when Hubby saw it.
He thought he has died and gone to heaven. 
His words: "Are you trying to kill me? These are all my favourite things in one tart!  You are making those today right?"
No, I waited a little bit, but it was worth the wait for him.



Chocolate Pecan Maple Butter Tarts

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup (No. 1 medium grade)
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon cider vinegar (I did not have any so I used white wine vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped pecan halves
3/4 cup high quality bittersweet chocolate (I used 4 Baker bittersweet baking squares)
24 tart shells

Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
In a bowl mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, eggs, cider vinegar and salt.  Set aside.
Divide the chopped nuts and chocolate evenly between the tart shells, then fill with the filling.

Bake until the pastry is set and the filling is golden, about 15-20 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment